BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, July 24, 2009

I Can't Believe It

So camp was this week. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh it was soooo great! So we get there on Tuesday and we find out that most of the stuff (ONLY IN MY TENT) got wet from the rain. So we had to air it all out. FUN! My stomach started to hurt and I really felt like I had to puke. So while everyone was working I got to lie down in the leader’s tent on their bed and sleep. TWAS GREAT! So then we went down to stake and we had an okay lunch. The leader in charge of food is very organic. We had certifications where we were taught how to do CPR and stuff like that. After all that boring stuff we went back up to camp and we played "Little Sally Walker." It's a game where one person is in the middle of a circle walking around while we sing then when we stopped the verse and went to the chorus that person would dance in front of someone and then they would switch places and the new person would do the same dance. That was very fun so then we had our skit. We all had to wear bonnets one day at camp so we played props (like from who's line is it anyway) with them and some of the girls aren’t very creative. We had dinner and it was yummy and if I could remember what it was I would tell you. That night our tent broke YAY! Not. This is how our tent went, it was a 6 man tent and it had a window down the middle. So it had 3 girls on 1 side 3 on the other. So when the tent broke the side that didn't have a door (my side) was where everyone had to go, but not all of us would fit. So 1 girl went to another tent with 4 other girls. The next girl slept with an YCL (youth camp leader) whose tent wasn't set up down where it was suppose to be. The 1 girl left was getting on EVERYONES nerves and had to stay on our side of the tent. That was bad. But we did manage to steal all the other camps flags so HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Then on Wednesday we had the trek. We all had to wear our long skirts and bonnets. Then we had to push and pull actual hand carts. These were our hand carts. Then around that part you would pull it with was a rope that was attached to another piece of wood. So we had 3 girls in the front, 3 behind them, and 3 pushing. So we had to pull it out of the camp and we were at our first stop. There they gave us babies (sacks of rice around 5 lbs), and names of actual pioneers. So the girls on my handcart didn’t shut up about how hard it was (mind you we had only gone like 1/5 of a mile) So I took charge and told everyone that the less we complain the faster we get done. Well the leaders (who can’t help us) thought it would be great if I "broke my leg." So they made me sit in the cart and I couldn't say anything. We got to our second stop and my leg was "healed." There a man told us of how he (the character he was playing who actually lived) came to find us and give us food. So we all got beef jerky. We kept going along the path until we rounded a corner and we see YCLs dresses as angels standing in front of a ditch and they tell us that our babies have died and we need to bury them. So me being emotional I started crying then we sang this song. It's called Come, Come, Ye Saints and this is the last verse, "And should we die before our journeys through, Happy day! All is well! We then are free from toil and sorrow, too; With the just, we shall dwell! But if our lives are spared again to see the saints their rest obtain, Oh, How we'll make this chorus swell, All is well, All is well." Holy crap I couldn't breathe. So we continued on our trek and we find that our water has been "poisoned." So now we have dumped all of our water just as we are about to go up the steepest hill of our hike (were about 3/4 of a mile through our 1 mile hike). So now 1 first year was crying and it was horrible. So then we sang a song to get us up the hill. Near the top there was a place to stop and get fresh water. There like 3 of the girls on my cart were in tears from being so tired and wouldn't stop bagging on the leaders for making us do this. So we stopped them and basically told them to grow a back bone. Just much nicer. We got to the top of the hill and there is a woman who waves us in and she calls forward her husband who is dressed as Brigham Young. He tells us that he is thankful that we went 2,400 miles to get here. (The pioneers who we were representing went that long we only went 1 mile. It was like "you think you're tired when you only did that 1 mile when these people who actually had to go through their children dieing and their water being poisoned and being without water for days at a time did this for 2,400 miles?!" sort of thing" then the woman who brought us in came up to us individually and told us what happened to each of the pioneers we were representing. She didn't say mine but one of my leaders lost an eye, and another lost her child. It was very moving. Then right before we left I was walking by myself and I heard "good job" like in my head. It wasn't my voice either. I think it was Lucy (my pioneer) but that’s just me. Then nothing much happened that night. The next day though . . . . . . Oh it was great. Around 12:00 pm it started to rain so much that there was a river going down the mountain and where there were bridges over small streams there was still a bridge, it was just about 4 or 5 inches under water. So like everyone is crying saying that they are scared or cold. And everyone is screaming. Eventually we (meaning my leader who was an actress and can sing and myself) sang at the top of our lungs while everyone else used their quiet voices to sing. This way the leaders could get head counts to the men who were staying up there. They put a movie in the projector and we watched it while the leaders talked. They finally said that we were going to evacuate the camp. We were only to bring with us what we could carry. So we ran up to camp and packed all of our stuff into 1 tent. By now we stink and we are soaked. Then we had to pile into a car. My dad was one of the men up at camp watching over us and I got to ride home with him.
Today though we went back up to camp (just the men and then Bailey and myself) to pack up tents and what not to bring back to Vegas. When we got up there mostly everything was dry. If we would've had dry tents and dry clothes we could've stayed. It was quite the experience.
Anyway next week is LVA camp so I must stop typing and wash my clothes that stink to high heaven.
<3

0 Thoughts: